Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another Photo Published - INTERNATIONALLY This Time


\"Can You see me now\"
-11/22/07-This capture had a special place in my heart from the moment I took it. Titled "Can You see me Now" was captured at the Grand Palladium resort in Riviera Maya Mexico in May 2007. While I was out alone for a walk with my camera I headed for this tree that I had seen the day before and thought it would make a great photograph since it was unique the way it was split in 4 different directions possibly from a lightning strike or storm of some sort. So after I arrived at the spot I wanted to start shooting at I began clicking some frames off. Then I noticed something moving inside of it. I waited and waited but it wouldn't give me a clear view of what was there. After about 15 min. this lizard poked his head out just a tiny bit and then went back in. I kept saying "Come on dude, poke your head all the way out so I can get this shot" Finally he did just as I had hoped and this magical frame was taken just before he went back inside. I said to myself "SELF" I think I just heard that lizard say "Can You see me now" ? LOL Hence the title. I took one look at my 2" screen and new it was special and I couldn't wait to get back to my room to see it on my laptop. This photo required very little post-processing and basically came out of the camera the way you see it.
I entered this photo in an International contest in the Animal/Pets Category a few months ago and was just notified that after being reviewed by the selection committee it has been chosen as a semi-finalist and has also been chosen to be PUBLISHED in their next Nation Publication due out in the winter of 2008.
I knew the photo was special when I took it and the composition was perfect, but I never thought in a million years it would get "International" Recognition. It's an honor to have my work recognized by an International committee and be published in a book. To be in the company of other fine photographers and artists from around the world in the same book is just an incredible experience for me. Talk about walking on a cloud, I'm there right now and their real fluffy !
So that's my good news for today, Thanks for reading and sharing in my great news !
Bill


PS: This was Originally Published in my Old Blog back in 11/07 and has been transferred to this new blog site. . . . . Thanks Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let us hear what you have to say on this post ~Bill~