Monday, July 7, 2008

Photo TIPS, Tricks & Techniques Coming soon!






Hi all, I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog entries lately, quite honestly I've been so busy along with not feeling too well with my back injury these days that I just couldn't get around to writing, which I'm sorry for. But that is all going to change from this point forward.

Recently I've been shooting a lot of personal projects and creating some of my own techniques for doing things with some great results. Part of this is belonging to the Daily Photo Community on SmugMug (where I host my business web site) where you shoot a different photo every day and post it up for all to see & critique. This helps keep the creative mind sharp & always thinking in order to come up with bigger & better creations every day. It has really helped me stay sharp along with meeting a ton of wonderful people in the group who posses great photography skills which are shared among the group so that we all continue to learn and further our education on a daily basis.

Which brings me to the next thing, I have been getting a ton of email from other photographers asking me how I do certain things (which I'm more then happy to share) thus giving me the idea of creating a blog filled with How To's, Tips, Home DIY's and explaining HOW I created certain pieces of work so that you can learn something new as well. What I do is not a secret, but the result of reading EVERYTHING I can get my hands on about photography every day and combining & using the techniques I read about. Then I throw in my own little FLASH to a project to make it my own which creates a NEW Technique in a small way, but new/different non the less.

I will also be creating NEW CHALLENGES every week or so to test your ability to be creative within yourself. The Challenge instructions will be posted and then you will have 7-14 days to complete them and then email me your images. I will then create a Challenge Gallery on my site and everyone involved (along with the public) can vote on your images to see who wins BRAGGING RIGHTS for that particular Challenge. The winners will be posted here on my blog and I will conduct an INTERVIEW with the winner as to how they went about creating their master piece. I think this should be very interesting, fun and a great learning experience for all involved.

In order to keep up with what's going on here, I suggest you sign up for my new EMAIL LIST here on the Blog (just off on the right column). By signing up you will be notified via email every time I add something to my blog and it will give you a link back here so you can read it. Your email address will NOT be used for any other purposes other then to notify you of a new posting and I do NOT sell, Give Away or Spam your email in any way shape or form. I am a huge advocate of living Spam Free so believe me when I tell you your email info is safe here. My blog entries will also include when I add a new gallery to my site or something of interest to everyone.

So please sign up for the mailing list if your interested in learning something new, having some fun or just plain bored with your life like me and want to try different photography techniques. Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you have on this blog entry below!




Thanks for reading and I look forward to cranking this blog up to what I originally intended it to be!


PS: The above Gorilla image was shot at the Bronx Zoo in NY City on 7/5/08




Best Regards,


Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let us hear what you have to say on this post ~Bill~